1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Forgot to add a picture so here goes.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Magnaman, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Magnaman

Magnaman Novice Camper

IMG_20151217_123424.jpg

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Madman4800 likes this.
  2. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I think those tents on top of your car are really neat. What I can't understand, for example, my car says no more than a hundred pounds on the roof rack, the same thing is said on my wife's car, so how can you get by with these tents especially when two adults are up there? Obviously they have over come these limitations I'm just wondering how. Once I'm convinced, I'm pretty sure I'll be purchasing one. I'd sure like to hear how you like yours.

P.S.
    You and Northern Dancer will have a lot to talk about setting the size of that ground set up! Man that's big!

Bibsoutdoors

3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Seeing.....not setting, sorry

Bibsoutdoors

4. Magnaman

Magnaman Novice Camper

The weight on the roof pertains to when driving as it impacts on the centre of gravity. A too heavy load on the roof when driving may make the vehicle unstable.
    When stationary, this setting up the tent to camp the weight on the roof is of no concern.

5. Magnaman

Magnaman Novice Camper

The tent is very comfortable, but better suited if you are planning to remain stationary for a few days as it is a bother to fold up and re deploy if you want to drive every now and then.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  6. Magnaman

Magnaman Novice Camper

The other tent is a TTT with 3 kids a nesessity.

7. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I had no idea this is what was meant or how it works, thus is excellent news. I feel more confident in looking into picking one up. Thank you!

Bibsoutdoors

8. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Understood....lol....your hands are full.

Bibsoutdoors

9. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

P.S.

The area your picture was taken in looks beautiful.

Bibsoutdoors

10. Magnaman

Magnaman Novice Camper

A short walk from the campsite to the swimming spot. 8b79a3d2643faf2e5d5bce69683ddcf0.jpg

rlmarshjr and Madman4800 like this.
  11. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Very nice. It looks like the rocks slope down gently so entering can be as gradual as you like. Just curious, what is the average water temperature? I could be wrong here, but, it looks like your entering Autumn or possibly a dry season? The greenery had a tinge of yellow to it. Tell us more about your gear, why you chose it, how it's performed, so on... Is Africa a personal choice or are you there for other reasons? How long have you been camping there and do you get to travel around to camp or have you found a family favorite? I don't think you can share too much! Hoping to hear more.

Bibsoutdoors

12. Magnaman

Magnaman Novice Camper

Yes, the floor of the pool is like a concrete slab and it slopes towards the waterfall to about 2 m deep.
    This was in summer during a very severe drought. The water is refreshingly cool, nice to swim in, probably about 23-25 deg c.
    I live in South Africa and work for the forestry industry.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  13. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Oh man, another person with a dream job!

Bibsoutdoors

Draft saved Draft deleted