1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Former camper trying to get back into it

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Stuart, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Stuart

Stuart Newbie

Hi. I'm from Nebraska. Been a long time since I've actually been camping. Getting back into it. Planning a camping and hiking trip for 2014 to Canada.

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

As a Canadian that is great to hear, we have a lot of beautiful national parks and camping spots up here. Do you have any idea where in Canada you want to visit? Because being such a large country different parts of the country can be like visiting entirely different!

Welcome to the forums! :D

3. Stuart

Stuart Newbie

Alberta probably. Friend I'd be going with wants to visit Head-Smashed-in Buffalo Jump and he's also talking about doing a long hike to Bugess Shale Walcott Quarry, which I'd let him do without me.

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Glad that you have come back to camping, possibly one of the greatest lifestyles available to a man [and women, children, grandparents, uncles and.......so on.] It is just amazing all the comfort equipment that is out there and the many places that one can visit. Alberta? Great Province - they just got snow in some parts - can you believe that? Though some of the weather in this neck of the woods, hasn't been all that great either.

Anyway...a real warm welcome to Camping Babble; I know that you will enjoy it.

5. Stuart

Stuart Newbie

Know anything abour Radium Hot Springs, Redstrak Campgrounds in Kootenay National Park or Kootenay River Runners. which does white water rafting tours on the river?

6. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

No...but I sure would like to know more. :)

7. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your camping experiences. We get some really good discussions going in the different sections and it is always fun to hear other points of view. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted