1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Geocaching?

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by JessiFox, Nov 14, 2014.

1. JessiFox

JessiFox Novice Camper

One thing I've come across a fair amount as I'm learning more about camping and such is geocaching...it seems people are having a lot of fun with it. Do any of you? Have you ever found anything particularly crazy or fun? I'm thinking this is something my son might enjoy, at 10 I try to think of ways to keep his sense of adventure alive :).

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

It seems like a few of our members have, we had a poll a while back where some people chimed in: https://campingbabble.com/threads/geocaching.97/

You might be able to get your son started by hiding some things yourself around the neighborhood and seeing if he can find it, otherwise do you have a GPS? That is generally the key piece of equipment required for geocaching. Also if you find something, don't forget to hide something again for another person to find this way you can keep things going.

Draft saved Draft deleted