1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Good evening chaps - From Britain

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hobbit, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Hobbit

Hobbit Novice Camper

Hi,

A Brit that loves the outdoors, exploring and camping :)

Have been tempted to go the caravaning route but it just doesn't sit right.

Me and my brothers grew up treking, on the water and adventuring like boys do.

I am just starting to get interested in bushcraft so hopefully I'll find out more from those that know better :)

Hope I get a chance to talk to loads of you.

Cheers!

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl_yZb4WADX0vznhMoj5A47BPpU6UYlSyB4oPTEyM4_kyPH4pL.png

TO CAMPING BABBLE

Glad you have joined us.
    There are members from all over the world
    all having different experience and know how.
    I for one am very interested and practice bush craft
    usually in-conjunction with my canoeing/camping adventures.
    Jump right in and enjoy!

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Welcome aboard, I've quite enjoyed reading your posts so far :D

4. Hobbit

Hobbit Novice Camper

Thank you, and thank you for running this forum, I've already learnt some useful things :)

I do feel I have to go up market with my camping kit as some peoples on this forum puts mine to shame!

5. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Shame? Did someone say shame?

I remember my first excursion into Algonquin Park. I was more interested in getting there than anything else. No tent - just a tarp, No sleeping bag - just a blanket. Little in the way of any equipment and a lot of the wrong kind of food. I/we barely survived. The wardens must have thought we were out of our cotton pickin minds. There were probably right.

Things have changed considerably - everything I do is well planned and thought out. I have excellent equipment - but not necessarily expensive. Sound, durable, practical, and the like - very much so.

What ever I buy - I always say the same thing -

When I'm I going to use this equipment?
    How often?
    Under what circumstances?
    How much I'm I willing to pay?
    Do I really need it or is it to satisfy my ego?

:bear: Baden Bear says, "Ya...I would say that Northern Dancer has purchased things to satisfy his ego." "Go ahead ask him how many tents he owns." "Ask him how many lanterns and lights." ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted