1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Greetings from Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Northern Dancer, Dec 29, 2013.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I was watching some youtube videos and came across stealth camping. I thought the idea of it was pretty lame. There are so many nice campgrounds, even primitive backwoods sites that are easy to get too but provide suitable camping without the risks of camping where it is illegal or dangerous to landowner.
    And I agree we do have lots of beautiful campsites and waterways to explore and enjoy, within our local and national parks. What does the :bear: have to say about that? ;)

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

:bear:
    Who me? Well..err...I concur and agree most heartily. The only problem is that humans are making it more difficult for me to live a wilderness life; especially my cousins the grizzly bears, oh ya...I can't forget my other cousins the polar bears.

3. 2sweed

Here is a present for Reese. No need to look like a bear when he is a very handsome dog.

mini-graphics-dogs-897859.gif

Northern Dancer likes this.
  4. Northern Dancer

Excellent - where did you find my dog? :thumbsup:

5. 2sweed

I spent the last week doing web searches of every site that had free emotions or mini pics, and had just about given up ever finding Reese, then my luck improved on a site called picgifs.com and I was delighted to bring him to you. :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    campforums likes this.
  6. Northern Dancer

Fantastic - thank you for your thoughtfulness - very much appreciated. I just might use that.:happy:

7. Northern Dancer

WOW - @2sweed that was incredible. What do you think? Should I use it as my signature?

campforums likes this.
  8. 2sweed

Why not that way you both will always be on the same page. :thumbsup: He is your best buddy and deserves top recognition. ;)

9. Northern Dancer

I was thinking about that....we have travelled a lot of trails and river ways together and never a complaint. Sometimes I forget that he is a dog, but you know something? He just seems to know my spirit level and disposition as no other.

Right Reese...I'm scratching his head at this moment.

10. Northern Dancer

On another note - might you get 740 AM Zoomer Radio in your area? I think you might enjoy the station. Or on line 740 AM Zoomer Radio Toronto Ontario. I'm listening at the moment: the theme is Big Bands - not bad stuff actually. Try 740 AM Zoomer Radio.on.ca

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    2sweed likes this.
  11. 2sweed

BIG BAND Sunday Night-- Mocking Bird Hill, Reese's tail is wagging to the music. Thank you. :)

12. Northern Dancer

Right on...fun stuff from an era that seemed a bit more gentle.

13. Northern Dancer

@2sweed - what do you think of the station? [Should you still be listening.] I haven't found one like on either side of the boarder. During the week they have 60's at 6, 70's at 7, 80's at 8 and 90's at 9. At 10 they have two episodes of the old radio shows - from the Lone Ranger to Dennis Day, Jack Benny etc. etc. etc.

14. 2sweed

I think it is pretty cool. :cool: I like the golden oldies and enjoying this big band music. I will listen more often. I like the news updates and will check out the other links as well. I am a great one for searching out the web and finding fun things to do and having free travel with click of mouse. :thumbsup:

15. 2sweed

I hope your camping trip is successful and that you don't get buried or lost in the snow. Keep warm and be safe, and come back to tell of this great winter camping adventurer. :happy:

16. Northern Dancer

I do that too - it's fun to listen into other communities and I do a lot of that; I've listened to numerous radio stations in the states, the United Kingdom and other places.

17. Northern Dancer

I'm working on a video of my experience. It should be fun - we have 38 youth and 10 leaders including myself. Most will be in cabins and a handful of us will be in tents. I haven't been at this camp so it will be a new experience. Reese has been winter camping but will not be with me on this occasion.

18. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Woah, that is crazy you guys get the same radio station? Or is that an internet station? I used to listen to some random internet radio stations and I know satellite has tons of different channels but nowadays I mostly just listen to the music that I have downloaded.

19. 2sweed

How long will you be off camping this time? I hope the weather improves, we had very cold sharp wind conditions and freezing rain today, with more snow. Not much fun to be out driving in.

20. Northern Dancer

_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm back. We had a storm front go through on Thursday and we are having one at this moment. So I missed them both. The temperature? Really cold at night. I was warm and toasty - I wore the right clothing during the day and of course I have a stove in the tent. Three hundred youth took part in the weekend activities. I didn't dare tell them that I had heat in my tent - for fear that they would move in on me. Our group numbered thirty-two and we did have some heat units in our dinning shelter. It was the only place that they could get warm it needed.

I'm off tomorrow - just as well, because the storm is to continue through the night. Tomorrow I'm planning to complete my little video and hope to have it posted.

Trust all is well in your neck of the woods.

Draft saved Draft deleted