1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Greetings from West Virginia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by actadh, Dec 24, 2014.

1. actadh

actadh Pathfinder

Hello everyone -

I grew up in the D.C. suburbs. We took family trips in pop up camper. I have fond memories of state park camping, especially at Assateague and Skyline Drive.

I did not camp as an adult. Then, I got a small travel trailer in my 50's as a daudi haus to visit grown children, and to explore surroundings with my husband and dog.

That experience led to solo tent camping when visiting family in Ohio and Maryland. I would rather camp than stay in a motel.

So nice to meet all of you here.

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Hey there @actadh, it is nice to you see you come and introduce yourself even though I have already been reading a few of your posts and I am glad to have you on the forums. It sounds like your are reviving your desire to camp, I think reading all our stories is a good start to getting you motivated. The great thing about camping is that it is an activity for all ages, as you are probably starting to tell from the diverse group of people we have here.

3. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum. When I was younger my family did a lot of camping with a tent as we could not afford motels. So once the interest in camping hits you there is no turning back. Tent camping brings you closer to nature and is relaxing and yet keeps you busy with camp chores. There is nothing greater than solo trips or trips with friends where evening are spent telling stories around the camp fire. This forum will give you a chance to learn about equipment and the basic supplies needed, while adding a bit of good fun-loving humor to make you smile. Ask questions and post areas of camping you find most interesting, and we all will chip in with our knowledge or lack there of, of your topic of interest. Glad you found us and I look forward to reading more of your posts. :)

campforums likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted