1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello from an Enthusiast!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by David Magda, Mar 30, 2016.

1. David Magda

David Magda Newbie

Hi everyone! I originally started camping when I was a young man with my father (who admittedly was not the best outdoors man to ever live) but when he left, I stopped going. A few years back, I decided to give it another shot. I started back up using a tent thinking that it was for me, but found myself hurting in the mornings. I quickly tried thinking of ways to fix that and then started using hammocks! I'm now an avid backpacker and hammock-camper. I love it. I went about a half hour out of Estes Park last year and packed into the most beautiful places I could find, threw up my hammock, and enjoyed life for about two weeks. I go to West Virginia multiple times a year to camp and it's always beautiful as well! I'm always looking for new places to explore and set up camp in if anyone has any destinations that they think would be great!

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Alleluia - another long term camper. Really great to see you online David - looking forward to your threads and hearing more from you. Welcome to Camping Babble. There is something for just about everyone who has their heart in a tent.

Camping in a hammock for two weeks is really something - I would like to hear more about your experience and the kind of equipment you are using.

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Welcome David m. Last year was the first time sleeping in a hammock for me, and I loved it. I am far from experienced or seasoned camper, but love to hear more. What kind of hammock or hammocks do you have and prefer?

4. actadh

actadh Pathfinder

Welcome to the forum! I like to camp in WV, too. We like Summerville Lake Retreat
    Summersville Lake Retreat - Wild, Wonderful West Virginia

and Greenbrier River Campground (shown in my avatar)
    Greenbrier River Campground » Campground

Out near my neck of the woods is North Bend State Park
    North Bend State Park

which has the wonderful North Bend Rail Trail.
    North Bend State Park

All have nice tent sites, but we go with our little travel trailer.

On the bucket list for us this year is Tea Creek
    Tea Creek Campground West Virginia Reviewed | Having Fun Outdoors
    Pocahontas County | Tea Creek Campground

While you can't camp there, be sure to visit the nearby Beartown State Park and the boardwalk trails which are amazing.
    Pocahontas County | Beartown State Park

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  5. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Hey there, welcome to Camping Babble!

It sounds like you should definitely check out our discussion on hammocks: Makeshift Hammock

Draft saved Draft deleted