1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello from Maine!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ctechguy, Jul 11, 2013.

1. ctechguy

ctechguy Newbie

Hello to all!

I'm a guy from New England, working in Healthcare IT, specifically Cardiology Informatics. My wife and I are raising our 3 kids in a rural town located in Maine.

My interests include hiking, camping, fly-fishing, information technology and guitar.

We have beautiful Baxter State Park here, as well as many other great places to experience the outdoors, including the Sebago Lakes region, Bethel, Rangeley, Jackman, Moosehead Lake and the Millinocket area to name a few. I haven't done a lot of camping along the ocean or on the islands, but it's all there.

2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, ctechguy. I have already read many of your posts and found your information and tips to be note worthy. I hope you will continue to come here and post comments, as well as, start some interesting topic's of your own.
    I have never been to far up into the New England, states but have heard you have pretty landscapes and covered bridges, and that in the fall the colorful change in the leaves is very beautiful. Notice I think of the nature first, but I know that industries do well up in your area.
    I always have wanted to visit Maine, but as yet have not had the chance. See you around the forum.

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Hey,

Camping is great family activity as I'm sure you've found out. Do you eat a lot of what you catch when you go fly fishing is it more for sport?

Unfortunately I've never visited Maine either, so I'm not very familiar with those areas.

4. Zack

Zack Novice Camper

I'm from Maine too. Ever do any winter camping?

campforums likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted