1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello from Maine

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Zack, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Zack

Zack Novice Camper

Hi everyone. My name is Zack and I'm from Maine. I love camping and the outdoors. Got a chance to do some winter camping recently. It's been warm up here in Maine, made it very enjoyable. Most people think I'm crazy for winter camping. But I love it. Anyone else a winter camper?

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZRuDQ7TLmamGVvcR5eOY2qAKFcqmRXBTreBVpLy4JwoWCmOAc.png ZACK

I'm crazy too; I'm well equipped with excellent equipment and like to get out in the snow. Though of recent date we seem to be having a real problem keeping it on the ground. :)

campforums likes this.
  3. Zack

Zack Novice Camper

Yesterday pretty much all the snow melted. It was so nice I had to go for a hike. Makes me wanting for spring.

4. Northern Dancer

Our first trip is June 20th for a three weeker. We will be meeting this week to plan menus and such - I don't know why we do that because we really haven't changed the menu in years. But then again - getting together is all part of the fun.

5. Zack

Zack Novice Camper

Nice. Id love to go on a three weeker. Unfortunately I usually can only find time to go for a few days. How many people do you go with?

6. Northern Dancer

We aim for four but because of the time commitment it often falls to two of us. And I'm not bashful about going on my own either. And with a dog. In my neck of the woods I tend to hang within the boundaries of Algonquin Park, Haliburton Forest and the Haliburton Water Way Trail system. (Ontario) As many hectors that I man can enjoy.

7. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Hi Zack, welcome aboard!

I'm glad you enjoyed your first winter escapade, I have yet to make a winter trip myself. Any suggestions?

8. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Well hello Zack from Maine. Glad to have ya. I am from north east tn., I always say north east because we are different from the rest of the state, I watched the last bit of snow we had in our yard melt today as it got to about 70 degrees.
    I have winter camped a few times, but the lack of snow takes the fun out of it.
    Welcome aboard.

9. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Wow three weeks. I wonder if I could find my wife a boyfriend. I figure after 31 years of being married to my sorry hind end she may be glad to get rid me for a couple of weeks. Oh and I love dogs to. The one on the left we had since he was a puppy. What do ya expect for up in these hills? At least we marry when we are young so we still have all our teeth.
    uploadfromtaptalk1454480768155.jpg

10. Zack

Zack Novice Camper

I would suggest bringing the right gear. I've been before with the wrong gear and been freezing all night. Not fun.

campforums likes this.
  11. Northern Dancer

I liked that - it was really funny! :)

I'd be gone longer if I could.

12. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Naw I wouldn't trade my wife for any thing, or anyone. Actually we had several dogs over the years, and the last 2 were pomeranians. The last one died last spring. Born in this house soon after we moved here. They are very loving and dependant companions. Broke my hart.

13. Northern Dancer

I can appreciate that - I lost Reese in November. I'm looking for another canine friend in order to get him ready for the camping season. :)

14. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Hahaha, funny guy aren't you?

Draft saved Draft deleted