1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello From Ohio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tristian Fanworth, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Tristian Fanworth

Tristian Fanworth Novice Camper

I am currently living in Ohio and I am looking to learn as much as I can about camping. I have been camping for quite a while and have found that you can always learn even more.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

upload_2015-7-27_17-25-5.jpeg

Hi there and welcome again. You don't really wear a suit when you are camping do you?. [:) Just joking of course.] So...what kind of camping does one do in the great State of Ohio? [You really don't wear a suit do you?]

This is a great site and has a lot of great people that come and go - I just stay. I'm a four season camper, well equipped and I'm ready to go in an instant if need be. I especially like canoe camping and I will be out the second week in August doing my/our thing. So...tell us more about your experience.

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Welcome to the site, I can see by your blog that you are a real enthusiast. How long have you been running it for?

4. Tristian Fanworth

I have been running the blog for about a year. I had to revamp it this year because of a hacker that managed to get in and really messed up the files. So I have found the hackers are something I want to protect myself against at all times!

The only way I could get it back was by deleting the site completely and then starting from scratch, very frustrating!

5. Northern Dancer

6. Tristian Fanworth

Nope, I do not wear a suit when I go camping. I prefer the tux for those days!

As far as camping in Ohio we have the basic state campgrounds, which I prefer, but their are quite a few private campgrounds as well. I found the state campgrounds to provide quite a bit of entertainment value and they tend to have quite a few nature trails for the most part that you can walk on with kids and such. Plus, I love to fish, so if you like fishing let me know because their is one lake that I can pull Blue Gill, I know small fish, but enough make a decent meal at will.

campforums likes this.
  7. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Very frustrating indeed. I have found that WordPress is very vulnerable to security problems so you have to be always on top of getting the latest security updates. Sorry to hear that you had to start over. I do the web stuff around here :)

8. Northern Dancer

:)

Great Stuff! Glad you are with us.

9. actadh

actadh Pathfinder

Welcome, Tristian!

I work in SE Ohio, and often camp in various parts of the state. The Wayne National Forest campgrounds are always well maintained. AEP Lands is great for a quick getaway. My favorite, though, is Geneva State Park.

What places do you like?

10. Tristian Fanworth

I actually like Cowan Lake, they have a great beach that my kids love to go to. Stonelick Lake is also a good one. I do like hiking around in Great Seal State park as well. I tend to stick close to the Southern area. I do have some friends that just went up to the ones by Put-in-Bay and I may have to give that one a shot.

11. actadh

actadh Pathfinder

We often do Put-In-Bay, but stay in motels as we bring a boat instead of the travel trailer.

My daughter works in Ironton, so Vesuvius is a frequent stop - nice COE lake, too. Will have to check out Cowan Lake.

12. m.abbass

m.abbass Novice Camper

Im interested in that so let's share what we know and what we can learn

13. Tristian Fanworth

Cowan Lake is a great place. I am actually taking my kids their this afternoon to go swimming as long as the rain holds off!

14. m.abbass

m.abbass Novice Camper

Well done have fun

Draft saved Draft deleted