1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello from Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 2sweed, Apr 12, 2013.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Just arrived here on site and thought I would tell you a bit about myself and get started on the forum. I live in the country and have always enjoyed the outdoors. As a child my parents took us camping locally, as well as, up into New York state, and up around eastern parts of NY, close to the Canadian border.
    My dad was a avid fisherman and so I was taught at a early age, although I must confess I often put the fishing pole back in the car and went exploring in the woods instead.
    Looking forward to making some new friends and learning a lot more about camping and hiking in the great outdoors.

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Hi there, welcome to the forums! I'm the admin around here.

Fishing can be very frustrating because you're never sure if you're going to catch anything so I can see how exploring the woods is more fun.

3. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I used to catch a lot of things like tree branches and snags in the creek, my clothing and grass. I caught a mudpuppy one time and it was so ugly and uck, well we threw it back in. So yes, exploring the mossy woodlands and following the bubbling creek was much more fun. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted