1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello From South Africa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SashaS, Mar 21, 2016.

1. SashaS

SashaS Novice Camper

My name is Sasha and I have recently become interested in camping. I live in a small city so there aren't too many camping opportunities nearby, but if I drive a few hundred kilometers out, there is a world of beautiful, mountainous land available to use. I enjoy camping because it takes me away from my otherwise stressful, busy work life. I work online so I am looking at a screen for at least 10 hours every day. When I go camping, I take only my cellphone with, which is turned off 99% of the time.

I enjoy the fresh air, being on my own and having a nice barbecue ( here in South Africa we call it a "braai" ) with some chicken and steak. I am grateful to live in a country where such opportunities exist, I was born in Russia so this wasn't always the case, I moved here for family reasons and even with the falling economy and racism problems South Africa is facing at the moment, I really don't mind it here. You just need to make the most of what the world gives you.

I came here to interact with and contribute my knowledge of camping to a community that shares a similar interest. I hope to have a laugh and learn something new along the way. Thanks for having me here!

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

upload_2016-3-21_9-7-14.jpeg SashaS

to Camping Babble. A good chunk of the membership is in the Americas but it's so good to see folks like you online. I can appreciate you might have a different style of camping that many of us would be interested in learning more. There are numerous threads that deal with just about everything camping. Jump in and enjoy and ask any camping question you want to. :)

SashaS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted