1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TabithaW, Feb 9, 2013.

1. TabithaW

TabithaW Newbie

Hello all. I am a happily married mom of 2 and we love to camp. It's like pulling teeth to get the kids off the video games, but once we are out there they have a blast. My 11 year old is a budding nature photographer and my 15 year old helps me with animal rehab and rescue.

Can someone please tell me how & where to add an avatar?

Thank you.

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Welcome to the forums! I think that applies with a lot of things and people though, myself included. Getting out and doing something like camping takes a lot more effort than sitting around for sure but is definitely rewarding.

When you're logged in you should see a link labelled "User CP" in the top left hand corner. Click that and then in the left hand navigation menu go to the "Change Avatar" link, from there you can upload an image to use.

3. TabithaW

TabithaW Newbie

Thank you! I was able to upload my avatar.

Yes, we do not do nearly as much camping as we would like. We are pretty good at making time to 'day camp' though. There are lots of lakes and wooded areas in Texas so you can drive 30 minutes to an hour in most any direction and find a new trail to hike or creek to explore.

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

No problem, I like the one you chose.

5. shaneparkins

shaneparkins Newbie

Hi Tabitha, Welcome to the forum - do you have any shots that you have took? Video Games, yeah the demons of my life, it's so easy to become a hermit these days, home bound. It makes all the effort worthwhile when you get out there though!

Draft saved Draft deleted