1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello from the Pacific Northwest.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HikingHans, Mar 3, 2014.

1. HikingHans

HikingHans Novice Camper

Hello all. I live in the Pacific Northwest and used to be an avid hiker. Unfortunately, due to some health issues and overall busyness, I haven't been able to as much. However, I will be doing so again once the weather is a bit better.

Anyway, I look forward to discussing getting outdoors and enjoying the beauty of nature. :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I too have gotten slowed down in old age, but am thinking this is the summer to get out and enjoy camping again. I was wishing the other day that I owned some forest land where I could go off for a few days and set up a base camp just for me, but alas I am too broke to buy land. So I guess I would like to try parts of the North Country trail, in Pa., that are smooth and wooded. It is a shame when family or health problems take us away from the enjoyment of the forest. While I have never been in your area I have heard it is beautiful country out there. Glad you have joined us. :)

3. HikingHans

HikingHans Novice Camper

Thank you for the warm welcome. I've never made it to Pennsylvania, but I have a good friend and business associate from there. Some of the snapshots he's taken are truly stunning.

As to the Pacific Northwest, its a hikers dream. There is essentially every type of country (mountains, forests, high deserts, plains, etc.) in Oregon and Washington. I feel blessed to be here. :)

4. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I have heard that in some parts there are volcano's that have been active in recent years. I have a good friend who lives in Oregon, and loves the weather out there, says it is great for growing food crops. And of course with Washington State bordering Canada, the views and mountains and wildlife must be truly beautiful. Look forward to hearing about your adventures on the trails.
    Yes, Pennsylvania, is very beautiful in the northwestern regions. The mountains and rivers, streams and forests are a sight to behold. And when the leaves change colors it reminds one of a fine knitted sweater all decked out in reds and golds, browns and yellows, and green. I love living here as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted