1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello from the US

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kerry, Dec 21, 2012.

1. kerry

kerry Newbie

Hi, my name's Kerry and I was excited to find this forum. I was conceived on a camping trip in the Black Hills, which just goes to show how long I've been camping. :D My family camped regularly when I was growing up and my husband and I try to go at least once or twice a year as well.

I've only done tent camping and mostly in the Western US. The Black Hills, Colorado, the greater Yellowstone area, and the Cascades are some of my favorite regions. We do quite a bit of dayhiking, too, but have only been backpacking once, though my husband dreams of thru-hiking the Triple Crown. He also enjoys trail running, has summited Long's Peak multiple times, and hopes to summit Rainier, but I'm lazier and prefer staying closer to the tree line. :p

Now that we have kids, we're considering getting a camper van or small RV so we feel more comfortable camping in grizzly country with them but we haven't really decided for sure. Maybe you guys can help!

2. stiflex

stiflex Newbie

Hey there Kerry, welcome to the forums. I see you're already had many camping experiences.

Its awesome to see that people still enjoy the outdoors, instead of ..sitting on our computers all day long :D

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Welcome to Camp Forums guys, are you guys also Canadians? I noticed you made some posts about Banff and Algonquin.

Draft saved Draft deleted