1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello from Western Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Faust, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Faust

Faust Explorer

Hello fellow campers. My name is Parker, I hail from Western Canada and am fortunate to have been camping all my life thanks to my parents who always camped when they were kids thanks to their parents. I'm grateful for living in an area that offers such a wide variety geographical landscapes, from mountains to foothills to prairies to badlands to boreal forest to wetlands to the harsh cold on the Canadian Shield.

I just returned from my 11th camping trip this year and number 12 will be this weekend in the Rocky Mountains. I've been looking for a forum to communicate with like minded people so I'm happy to be here. I love all forms of camping and am an avid outdoors person.

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

It is great to have you here Parker, I'm from Ontario myself so it is good to see some more Canadians on the forum. Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to do much travelling or go camping in that wide a variety of terrains but one day I plan on doing a coast to coast road trip across Canada and some camping stops are definitely expected!

3. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Faust,
    Welcome to the forum. It is always great to share interesting tales of adventures and different things about spending time hiking or camping with folks out there doing it. I have always loved Western Canada, mainly because several of my favorite books are about that area.
    I had hoped when younger to get a chance to travel in that region, but alas do to lack of funds, then and now, I can only visit by means of video's and travel DVD's.
    Look forward to reading your posts and chatting with you through your posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted