1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello there, from Texas!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jpix, May 12, 2013.

1. Jpix

Jpix Newbie

Hello everyone! My name's Crissi, or Jpix, whatever you want to call me. :)
    I enjoy camping quite a bit, either modern(Electricity, fans, airbeds, etc.) Or good old fashion camping with just a Tent and maybe some food! I look forward to maybe learning some new and useful camping information and maybe joining in some good conversations. Maybe I can even provide some help if I find any questions that I'm familiar with. :p

2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Hi there Jpix,
    I was wondering what it is like camping in Texas, off the beaten trail. Do you encounter very many snakes or other creepy creatures like spiders and such? My husband used to make trips out to your state in the early years 1960's, hunting snakes and spiders. He used to talk about them being out more at night, on the roads, then during the day. So I was wondering if it is still that way?
    Looking forward to reading your posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted