1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hi I am from Turlock California

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Profit5500, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Hi I am Jason and I am from a place in the valley known as Turlock. The location has about 70,000 locals which the town has developed over the years. I am 26 years old with a AS degree in Business Administration. I never been camping before so this would be a wonder learning experience for me.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

You have never been camping before? I have been camping since my youth and I can't believe that anyone has never camped. :) So...what do you think you might like to do?

I remember my first trip - hardly ready, nor did I have the right equipment. From there I went the other way and simply had an abundance of equipment I didn't need [nor the expense either]. Anyway - you could call me well seasoned now. I am a four season camper and believe it or not I like winter camping when the snow is deep all around me.

Welcome again to Camping Babble.

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

I live in the valley which is mostly agriculture based environment. I don't have a car so I don't get to go anywhere really. I been to Caswell State Park which is a nice park and good for camping. I only went there years ago with my church. I would like to go to maybe Yosemite National Park heard its really nice up there.

4. Northern Dancer

Actually - I was just looking up your community on the web. Looks like a nice town.

Not having transportation can be bit a pain. I can't imagine not having wheels as I am so depended on them. Beside that all my camping trips tend to be five and six hours from home.

Can I ask the name of your faith group?

5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

The church I go to is in Modesto California its called "Saint James African Methodist Episcopal Church Modesto" We don't have a large congregation. We just do what we can do with the people we have. I usually go to church on Sunday at the 11:00am service.

6. Northern Dancer

Nice to hear that.

7. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted