1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

New guy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Madman4800, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

Hi to all, Look forward to talking with everyone, learning and helping others when I can.

Sent from my E39 using Tapatalk

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

@Madman4800 it's always great to have another Babbler join us. So...if I can be so bold - what kind of camping are you into? RV-er, Weekend Warrior, Serious Dude, Wild one, Back Yard King? Jump right in and have fun! :)

:bear: Baden Bear here, "Don't let ND rattle your cage, he just gets excited about the possibility of another human listening to his camping tales."

3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Madman4800, hello, I'm new also, but that hasn't stopped me from jumping in and getting wet. Didn't hurt one bit so feel free to do the same OR is this a case of misery loves company. . .You must find out now! The gauntlet has been thrown down, the challenge made! Can you live up to our babbling, stay tuned folks. Same channel tomorrow.

OR

Just have fun at your liking.

Happy to have you here with us. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors

4. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

52e65bb4b1f010d4c32f9a4a3d490838.jpg
    Join us and share your goodies/knowledge/wisdom and self.

Bibsoutdoors

5. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

I like to think of myself as a serious dude that got married and had to slow my habit down a bit. I take the family camping every chance I get and my boys and I are heavily involved in Boy Scouts.

Sent from my E39 using Tapatalk

6. Northern Dancer

=====> :)
    Interesting. I'm a National Trainer and Chaplain to Scouts Canada.

upload_2017-3-1_12-43-59.jpeg

7. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Hello Madman4800 and welcome.

8. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I have been in Scouts since I was a kid and now I'm 43 with kids of my own in Scouts. In fact my old was awarded his Eagle Scout last year and my youngest is currently Chaplain Aid for our troop. Scouting is a good way to get kids connected with nature and all the skills that go along with it.

9. Northern Dancer

=====> :)
    FANTASTIC! That is really nice to hear.

When I was a youth I lasted three weeks in cubs - Akala called me over and said, "I never want to see you ever, again!" That was the end of my Scouting Career as a youth but I became a youth Leader when I became a Youth Pastor. I was A Chaplain for three gatherings at Calumet International Camporee Allegheny Highlands Council [Elk Scout Reserve - Bradford Pennsylvanian] Boy Scouts of America. - boy, that's a mouth full.

I've liked my association with Scouting Folks because I've always been impressed with the people and the their commitment and dedication to the youth.

Draft saved Draft deleted