1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Old School-style Hiking Boots?

Discussion in 'Attire' started by HikingHans, Mar 8, 2014.

1. HikingHans

HikingHans Novice Camper

Hello all. I recently checked out my hiking boots and, candidly, they've seen better days. So I am looking for a new pair. I see a lot of whiz-bang new styles, but they don't really appeal to me. Call me old fashioned if you like, but I prefer older styles. Can anyone recommend a make that is:
    • Made of leather. I'll waterproof them myself.
    • Plain and simple, older style. Think hobnail boots of yore.
    • Provides good traction.
    • Cost isn't a big factor, but crazy expensive isn't good either.
    • Made in US men's size 10½.
    Anyway, thanks much for any ideas. Know it is appreciated. :)

2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I will have to think on this one as I am in the process of getting new gear as well. But I didn't want you to think that nobody cared enough to answer your post. Have you checked out the llbean website, it has many good choices to take a look at. :)

3. HikingHans

HikingHans Novice Camper

Thank you 2sweed. I hadn't looked at LL Bean. Since posting, I found a good pair on ShoeBuy. So far they are holding up well, even with working out in some nasty weather.

4. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Your welcome, glad to try and help. :)
    Other sites for future reference would include: campmor or Carbelas, and Basspro Shops or REI. All have good quality merchandise.

Draft saved Draft deleted