1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Online stores that have "swimming shoes"?

Discussion in 'Attire' started by ashley0323, Sep 9, 2016.

1. ashley0323

ashley0323 Novice Camper

With it being the end of the summer season, I have not been able to find a single pair of swimming shoes!! I am looking to buy about 5 pairs and figured I would check online. Do you know of any websites that have them? Thanks!

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

5 pairs of swimming shoes? Why so many!!!? One pair would be more than enough for me, unless you're buying for a family or something

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

It's a girl thing. Got to have different colors.

4. missyify

missyify Survivalist

Hubs and I wear Vibram Five Fingers. I have 2 pairs because when I get one pair muddy or sandy, I have a backup until I can clean them (both are black, for the record lol) since they're also my everyday shoes.

I'm assuming you mean for your family. Amazon is pretty much king here. My kids have the Speedo water shoes that look like all rubber. They also wear them as everyday shoes since we're into barefoot/minimal footwear. My youngest has some shark water shoes...

You can always check the manufacturer website for sales, though. I subscribe to my favorites (such as vibram) because they'll email you when they're having a sale. I got my step daughters VFF from their site for $25! Which is great for Vibrams.... I also dug around on Amazon and got my daughter's pair for $15.

Anyway, Amazon usually has the best prices for regular priced stuff, but sales from the manufacturer sometimes tend to be better. I always check the manufacturer's sale or clearance tab first, as well... Just takes some digging.

c868385af8ab24a6f0f09780db0ed721.jpg

15ed8183e574f558040a1cd58e3b8ea7.jpg

f32d93977cfb943c537aeb411644c76c.jpg
    (Speedo shoes)

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Liz_simmons707 and killeroy154 like this.
  5. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...and then again I use "canoe shoes" easy slip on type when I'm canoeing - it saves my hiking boots and protects my feet against rocks and sticks. If need be I will swim with them o.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNmrQMW8XgrmII81UWOMefWcSA009CowOEU3e3ZYLp-54ZwEoz.jpg

You should be able to purchase "crocs" just about anywhere in the lower price stores. They come in various sizes, colours and the prices are reasonable.

upload_2016-9-9_9-27-52.jpeg

missyify likes this.
  6. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Is it just me or does anyone wish that water shoes came up over the ankles? I think because your ankles stick out they are always are what gets hurt when I slide off a rock or something.

7. missyify

missyify Survivalist

I know I've seen that somewhere... Sockwa?

Liz_simmons707 likes this.
  8. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...that would be a great idea campforums - I'm forever stopping to get the sand and pebbles out.

9. missyify

missyify Survivalist

ac57942e1f48f28ac627f368edaec45f.jpg

I wouldn't trust the "sock" style because the soles are not grippy at all.

10. missyify

missyify Survivalist

Wait I take that back... ZemGear was the one I tried. I don't know about the sole of the "sock" Sockwas...

Draft saved Draft deleted