1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Pa camper needs help asap with legal question on private campground.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by raisingcain16, May 28, 2017.

1. I have been camping at a beautiful campground here in SW PA. It's located near keystone lake.

The facility here is top notch , I having trouble with the management and need some legal questions answered before I harass the prick management ( whole family lol ) about issues during my stay.

Luke why did he now when my friend and I ate dinner. Funny how he didn't mow until the food was out lol.

Or how that was my 3 Rd guess in over 5 days of camping. Why did he have to mow then and why not wait till I was done eating.

Not only that but humpty Dumpty looking fogie bear ( not yogie bear ) owner cames any is upset about how I treat his Lil girl who I thought was just the acting manager.

Well daddy fogie bear is mad cause the ignorantly blissful daughter got talked back to the way she talked to everyone else. Well I don't just blindly respect everyone equally when they disrespect or negativity treat others.

I am beginning a cross country trip this summer after a mid life crises and after loosing over 7 friends and family members in the past 3 years.

Heroin , the military, and the reaper have been extra busy and my crap meter if full

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2. More to come signals sketchy.

What can he do if a strange smell ifs coming out of my tent and can I refuse to let him in my possessions if this is a privately owned campground and what are the peramiters with the police and weapons.

I have over 5 handguns for protection and enjoyment.

Can they search if I tell them no? And what can the police do or don't do if madicinal medication is being used by a 100% disabled veteran during a mid life crisis?

3. Please help asap before plumpty Dumpty drives back on the cart?

4. Owner said he would give my blog and story a bad review too when I said my review will reflect my treatment.

What a tool lol.

But the permanent sights are close to or over $1,500 which would make them less than $150 per month to rent.

I paid over $150 to stay here since last Friday before last. And the camp sight I am staying at was also paid in full. But I'm not staying till the 2nd like I planned I'm leaving asap once ups can mail my bug out bag to my aunt's in Leadville Colorado.

I'm just taking what I left with and my mountain bike. I'm re evaluating life and treating others how them treat me. If you spit in my face same back to you.

Call me the equalizer and I'm am rewarding fool fake rich bullies with the dose of reality they deserve. I push back unlike most people.

I am prior infantry and I love the tent life.

Sleeping in a tent does not mean you can't afford anything better. Different strokes for different folks.

Screw the fluff. This campsites is absolutely amazing and I see why everyone puts up with the less than desirable service from the a few of the family I spoke with.

The wife has a good head on her shoulders but sometimes the apple does fall closer to one tree than the other.

The owners opinion should be impartial based on what occurred between the daughter ( unknown manager ) and myself. Don't hire your friends and family if you can't separate your emotions. f8518f735e8f153e89500af4d62b2e74.jpg

5. The owner had the balls to saw you have to give respect to get respect.

Well I served with real men and I'm good at separating men like I served with with boy scout camp round owners like himself.

I served this land while he bought and profited off of it. I am doing this trip for my friends and fellow soldiers who can't. The owner said he did not care about my service ( yep real American ) and that it didn't matter lol.

So if my service doesn't matter than maybe all my reviews should.

Veterans avoid places where they are not welcome.
    0850e469bc953a2d166a6c52bacc04b4.jpg

6. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Privately owned camp ground... he's got you. You paid for the site which allows you a reasonable expectation of privacy. But if that nasty smell coming from your tent is anything illegal, you're screwed! If he calls police and they smell something illegal, they don't need a search warrant to go through your belongings. There is a chance the property owner can give his permission for the police to search your stuff without any probable cause. You have paid to be there, but you are a guest there at the discretion of the property owner.

You have to be very careful here.

Weapons, are they registered to you and do you have conceal carry permits for them? If not, you're screwed and will be going to prison.

The mowing, nothing you can do.

Management acting nasty, bad for business, but I'm sorry to say, nothing you can do about that either. Well you might be able to leave a scathing review of the camp ground.

7. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

P.S.
    Good luck

8. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Yeh that sucks. I think Bibsoutdoors is right. On another note, Thank you for your service. I always wonder what if I would've went into the service, might have done me some good. Hang in there and wish you well. Please don't be a stranger on here.

9. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

You gotta wonder how things turned out for this guy?

10. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Yes I do wonder. Got to be rough leaving the military and getting plopped into society as it is. I had 4 brothers in the military, 2 of em retired after 20 plus years. I'll always wonder how I would've turned out if I went.

11. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I'm sure I would have been a better human being. I've heard (not seen for myself) (just to many stories not to have some merit) veterans trained to do " special tasks " then when service is over they're just dropped back into the population, no acclimating, kill people one day, the next your home. How do you turn that off over night? If it can be turned off over night, why would it take so long to 'turn' it on in they first place? We just don't operate that way as human beings. Same story in every single war we have ever fought in. So why do we expect it to change with each new generation of soldiers? Correct, as we've been told, this is the definition of insanity. Our country is indeed insane at certain levels. Would it cost to much to desensitize soldiers? I'm not buying that, besides we owe that to them. Another thing, a cruise missile costs close to a million dollars, we fire those off like candy to kill one, two maybe three people at a time. How do we justify that, then turn around and say spending fifty thousand dollars to help a needy soldier is too much? Makes me sick. Don't get me started on the VA. We give crack heads all the assistance they can use, pay their rent, food, heating buy them televisions, phones you name it, but our vets are homeless...SCREAM)))))))))

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    raisingcain16 and Madman4800 like this.
  12. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Weapons are not the answer here, I hope you were able to work out an agreement with the camp management. Maybe people did not like the odor coming from your tent which is understandable. You should try your best to keep the smell to a minimum. If that doesn't work maybe you can talk with the campground management about getting some kind of refund for the remainder of your time there and find a new spot which is more secluded where the smell won't bother anyone.

13. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

We all would like an update from this fella, he seems to have disappeared as quickly as he came upon the scene. Yes, it would be nice to know how things turned out for him.

14. Sorry for not responding sooner.

I did not get arrested but I did get help packing from 2 awesome pa state troopers.

The troopers were also veterans and saw through the B,S, story the campground owners were telling everybody me.

I will post a video showing the owner and how little respect he had for tent folk.

15. Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

16. That's a video of the owner working on the high dollar rv camp sites.

We had a bunch of rain and the other camp sites around me got flooded out pretty bad.

You can see how this greedy owner really thinks about tent campers.

The BBB is going to love this.

17. Walk away, find an even better campsite with more respectful management and enjoy life and give your hard earned dollars to someone that deserves them and makes you happy too.

Sounds like the Troopers, although trying to remain neutral, respected your situation as well and helped you out.

Be Safe and Good Luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

raisingcain16 likes this.
  18. Very true and I have thought about that alot.

But he will continue this till either karma hits him with a lightning bolt, or they get reviewed by the better business bureau lol.

Either way will work for me lol.

19. Anyone else ever had a bad experience like this.

Draft saved Draft deleted