1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Parka for any kind of weather

Discussion in 'Attire' started by Alexandoy, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

My father used to say that campers should always have parka. It is a protection not only for the body and limbs but also for the head (if there is a hood). Especially now that the weather is unpredictable, at least parka can provide a shield when there is a sudden shower or even rain. At night, parka is surely needed to shield you from the cold. And even when the sun is out, protect your arms from unnecessary suntan. And parka is light and easy to pack.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...this is the parka that I use - good for about - 20 degrees.

upload_2017-7-20_22-28-19.jpeg

A Carson Canada Goose Parka usually reserved for this kind of camping ----->

alaknak_in_the_snow.jpg

I use other coat protection accordingly and I never leave home without my sports umbrella. :)

upload_2017-7-20_22-31-44.jpeg

Attached Files:

3. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

I cannot say that I have ever owned a parka. I have had my fair share of big coats but now that I think about it most of them have bene pretty subpar when it comes to shielding the cold and wind. Maybe it is time to make the switch and give one of these a try, and they look warm.

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I have two winter parkas - another one I just purchased recently. It is designed for very cold temperatures and guaranteed to protect me against the elements. The standard winter camping practice is to layer your clothing to meet the environmental conditions. The fur around the head keeps out the wind and provides protection to the natural heat generated from the body. It also helps to prevent snow blindness. I was startled to learn that the "fur" around my hood is coyote. I didn't know that at the time of purchase. Most are artificial.

Draft saved Draft deleted