1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Proper attire in the woods

Discussion in 'Attire' started by Alexandoy, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

When going to a forest hike or camping, it is better to be dressed for the occasion, so to speak. I always advise against shorts because you expose so much skin that can give you a problem with plants and insect. It’s best to wear long pants. For the tops, it is better to wear one with thick material as an added protection against the elements. I prefer leather boots than rubber shoes. My feet are more secured inside leather boots which animal bite cannot penetrate. I don’t wear hats because I get a headache but a hat is best to wear when you are in the woods, not only as protection against the heat of the sun but also against elements like insects and itchy plant leaves. And for camping in the woods, don’t forget that the night can be cold even during summer.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Novice Camper

I've never been in the woods yet but when we went hiking when I was still a kid, I remember wearing pants, shirt and rubber shoes as it is comfortable for me. Right now if ever I'll go to a camping, I'll wear a sweatshirt or some loose shirt, a jogging pants and a rubber shoes so I can move freely and comfortably. I don't really like wearing pants if I know that I would sweat a lot or will move a lot because it will only make me feel irritated and uncomfortable.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

Well it certainly depends on the weather and where you are, but something sturdy whether light or heavy is a big time plus. There are some fabrics that are better suited for the outdoors, and I know them when I see them but I am not sure I know them by name.

Draft saved Draft deleted