1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Sleeping Bag Suit

Discussion in 'Attire' started by 2sweed, Oct 16, 2015.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Why worry about cold weather when camping. Just wear your sleeping bag to keep warm while doing camp activities.
    What do you think about these outfits for all day wear. LOL

wearable sleepingbag.jpg

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

That thing reminds me of the Snuggie (as seen on TV)

0000266_snuggie-up-purple_345.jpe

3. Joseph Hadnett

Joseph Hadnett Novice Camper

I'd be worried that they were coming to take ET away from me!

4. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

I do not think that i would want to wear this around a campsite, especially if there was any kind of a campfire or even a cooking fire burning at the campsite.
    It does look rather other-worldly, and that part would not be an issue if I were concerned about keeping warm; however, the idea of safety seems to me like it would be a very real concern.
    With that much padding, you might not realize that it had caught fire until the fire had actually spread far enough to burn through the sleeping bag material.
    On the plus side, this might be helpful if you were attacked by a bear in camp. With all of the extra padding, you would have more protection from being bit or clawed by the bear.

However, I think that this would be a great (actually super-great) idea to have one of these in your house to keep warm with if you lost electricity and it was in the wintertime.
    If you were traveling on snowy winter roads, then having it in the car could help keep you alive if you were stranded in one of those unexpected snowstorms that sometimes shuts down the highway and people are trapped for hours before they can be rescued.

5. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

"...they look worldly"? I say ugly. But @happyflower lady makes a strong point about power failures and being out on the road. I put in a lot of camping days this year and I have to tell you...never saw any of these. Aw yes...camper people will buy just about anything. :banghead:

happyflowerlady likes this.
  6. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Yeah usually fitted clothes without anything that dangles off of them and close-toed shoes are recommended for being around a fire. But I think if you sit still and keep your distance it should still be okay, after all it can get pretty chilly some nights.

7. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

My thought was while camping at night it might be nice, but during the day it might cause a person to sweat inside the suit and feel dampness instead of warmth. But as a safety suit for on the road breakdowns or indoor warmth in the winter it might be worth having.

8. Camp6

Camp6 Novice Camper

The Selk'bag Sleepwear System is the ultimate sleeping bag providing warmth, comfort and mobility. It comes in all sizes and colors. You can buy the kids gear for only $80. For adults, you can buy your sleeping bag for $169. They offer the ultimate camping experience when you don't need to get back home.

9. Northern Dancer

...I suppose it all depends on the conditions. My experience would dictate that this would be a no buy for me. For one thing - I would have trouble being confined in such a contraption. Then again, when it comes to equipment we have choice. How about this one...

Squat Strap

I think this gear ‘invention’ might be my absolute favorite.
    Selling a strap to campers for $20?
    Why not?!
    The perfect poop in the woods is priceless, right?
    [/CENTER]

10. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Are you serious?

11. Northern Dancer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :)

If you are looking a the strap...yep it's serious. I tell ya - they are happy to receive your bucks anytime, for anything, anywhere and it seems us camper types have the money.

Draft saved Draft deleted