1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hello, folks!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by red, Jun 26, 2015.

1. red

red Newbie

Excited to join this community. I've camped mostly in North Carolina (where I've lived for four years, originally from Pennsylvania), and plan on taking some trips out west in the next few years. Aside from camping and hiking, you can usually find me drinking coffee, throwing some ceramic cups on the wheel (or at least designing my next one in my head), or riding my bike.

Places I'd Like to Camp include: Big Bend, Moab, Yosemite, somewhere in Oregon

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, we are excited to have you. I like your avatar by the way, very appropriate for the site.

I have done some ceramic work myself, I will post some pictures later when I get around to it. It can be a very fun hobby, seeing how it comes kiln after you've painted it :D Do you use any of the cups you've made or is it mainly a decorative hobby for you?

If you end up deciding on going to Yosemite, here are a few interesting topics on the place from our members:

3. Hi Red,

Lots of places to camp in Oregon. There are various articles on Oregon locations at Global Creations Explore. Especially check out the Crater Lake National Park articles.

Be sure to post your questions here in the forum as there are lots of people that can help you plan your trip.

-Jerry-

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

@ExplorePathfinder has some great article and very unique content on his site, I would definitely recommend checking it out!

5. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Welcome again @red. 2sweed is from your part of the country. What kind of bike?

Draft saved Draft deleted